As we take in the last of the snow on Big White Mountain this April, we are seeing the first shoots of spring and starting to look forward to another epic summer season here in the mountains.
We are delighted to welcome guests to our luxury Big White accommodation all year round and we still have some availability for the summer season at Crescendo.
A Luxury Summer Stay
Our accommodation sleeps up to 22 guests, so it’s perfect for family or group bookings and corporate retreats.
Crescendo also hosts summer and year-round weddings at Big White Mountain, offering luxury accommodation, beautiful mountain views, and an intimate, luxury venue for both ceremonies and celebrations.
Big White Village is a hive of activity over the summer months, with hiking, biking, and world-class events
taking place throughout the season. Our last blog post gives a rundown of all of the best events on the mountain this summer. You should check it out!
While staying at Crescendo, many of our guests take the short drive down to nearby Kelowna
- to spend time at the Okanagan Lake (and to try to spot Ogopogo, of course, the local legend's lake monster),
- to visit world-class wineries, or
- to t-up at some of the best golf courses in Canada.
Book Now for Summer in Big White!
If you’d like to find out more about summer at Big White or make a reservation with Crescendo for Summer or Winter 2019, get in touch today.
We offer flexible arrival and departure dates, so check out our availability and contact us today to find out more about Crescendo or make a reservation for your summer stay with us.
At Big White, the last couple of weeks of ski season is always among the most festive. With the close of the ski season, we also celebrate the transition to Big White's summer season. Why? Because summer in Big White rocks!
Mark your calendar for 27 June, as that's when Big White's resort officially opens for its 2019 summer season. On that day, the switch to the chairlifts will be thrown, carrying nature enthusiasts ( those keen on biking and hiking) to the top of the mountain .
Big White’s Big Summer
While events are still being crafted, Big White's 2019 summer is already taking on a rather exciting shape. Below, in fact, is a sneak preview at some of Big White's featured events.
• On 30 June, Big White hosts the Dunbar Cycles Summer Series - BC Cup. The Event is frequented by top provincial athletes in preparation for competing on the National and International stage.
• On 6 July, we welcome a favourite at Big White, Big White’s Craft and Country, Beer and Music Mountain Festival: now in its fifth year. The Village will be lined with over twenty breweries from all over BC. Stroll through the craft market while sampling the beer and enjoying the live music performance.
• On 7 July, Big White hosts the MEC Kelowna Okanagan Trail Race. Runners may choose between 5km, 12km, 22km, and, for the most masochistically-inclined runners, a 50km.
• On 27 July, Big White holds its annual Ciderfest. Cideries and breweries from all over BC participate in this event, and Big White's guests have always been thrilled to join in the fun.
• On 3 & 4 August, adventurers won’t want to miss Big White’s Geo Hiking Weekend. The event is a great adventure for people of all ages, and the perfect way to explore the mountain terrain. This FREE GPS Scavenger Hunt challenges participants to use their navigation skills to find the location of treasure boxes hidden around the mountain.
• On 10 August, Big White goes Huckleberry crazy for its annual Huckleberry Festival. So many Huckleberries, so much fun! Ahh, but the event is more than that. Stroll through the village for family fun activities and live entertainment on the Big White Village Stage. Craft and farmer vendors will be in attendance, as well. The Kids Fun Zone, too, will be in full swing, with the bouncy castle, ring toss, and giant checkers.
Want to further explore the Okanagan area? Big White also provides the perfect base for wine lovers and for golf enthusiasts looking to explore the region. Many of our summer guests choose to visit nearby Kelowna and take in the world-class vineyards or golf courses: many within a one hour’s drive.
Stay at Crescendo this Summer
Crescendo is open for year-round bookings and we welcome large groups, including families, corporate groups, and wedding parties. Cresecndo's summer outdoor areas, in fact, are pretty incredible. You can check Crescendo’s prices and availability and find out more about staying at Crescendo on our rates page.
Check-out our new pics, our upgrades, and our new art in our Photo Gallery - Stunning! Our 360 online interactive tour of Crescendo may be found there, too. The latter gives website visitors the opportunity to take an interactive walking tour around the accommodation.
OUR NEW STRIKING COLOUR SCHEME ...
As the light changes from morning to dusk, so do the colors of the walls at Crescendo.
At all times, though, Regal.
From dusk to daybreak, the walls appear cobalt blue. During the daylight hours, though, the colors appear to rotate randomly between navy, violet, and aubergine.
AND OUR NEW EYE-CATCHING ART ...
When visiting the Centre Pompidou (Paris), one art piece by Wassily Kandinsky wanted to come home with me. The fact that I'm not in jail is a testament to my restraint. Still, I decided Crescendo's Great Room needed a Kandinsky. Hint: it's not the Grafitti.
Most of Crescendo's art is raw nature, viewed from the walls of windows in virtually every room. Few walls remain, in fact, to hang art. While refinishing all of the furniture in the home this past year, though, we found the perfect place for Gustav Klimt’s, The Kiss. Can you find it?
SHOWCASING CRESCENDO WITH WIDER IMAGERY …
AT NEW HEIGHTS, TOO …
AND IN GREATER DETAIL ...
Look how clear the water is in our Jacuzzi! That’s our non-chlorine/non-salt, virtually chemical-free water treatment system at work.
STAY AT SKI CRESCENDO
Crescendo welcomes guests throughout the year for all occasions and groups, including; family ski or summer trips, weddings, golfing vacations, and corporate retreats.