This REALLY is GREAT news!
Big White has taken some major steps toward being a true summer resort (in addition to already being an incredible winter resort, of course).
Big White began this move this summer, by opening a well-marked trail. A summer trail map is now available, and the well-marked trail is regularly patrolled in the event a hiker needs medical assistance.
THIS Labor Day weekend is slated for festivities.
- Big White will likely be running a chair lift that weekend (30 Aug – 1 Sept).
- Several of the businesses on the mountain will be open.
- The Blarney Stone restaurant will have live music.
- Running and Bike Races are being considered on the newly resurfaced Big White Rd.
- Events & a festival atmosphere are planned for the Village (100 yards from Crescendo).
- RentChalets will be hosting a meet-n-greet BBQ on that Sunday (30 Aug) from 12 to 3 pm.
Plans are also in the works to expand upon the above next summer: not only for Labor Day weekend, but to include various events (and possibly an operational chairlift) for most weekends, as well. Bookings for the summer of 2015, in fact, are already being secured.
Can I fly into Big White?
Quite often I’m asked,
- “Can I fly into Big White?” or
- “Does Big White have its own landing strip?
Well, the answer is, “That depends. Can you do this?
New FlipKey Review – Something for Everyone!!!
Tom (for March 2014) – Costa Mesa, CA
This place has something for everyone!!!
This is the total package for the entire family. The ease to ski on and off the mountain right to the lifts is incredible and gives the chance for parents with young children to take turns enjoying the powder. While at the house there is entertainment from movie theatre to relax or ping pong for tournament. After a long day on the mountain and games on the table take an indoor or outdoor soak in the spa. For those who are still up for some more entertainment, take a simple walk to the village and enjoy the night life! I highly recommend and look forward to a future visit.