At Big White, the last couple of weeks of ski season is always among the most festive. With the close of the ski season, we also celebrate the transition to Big White's summer season. Why? Because summer in Big White rocks!
Mark your calendar for 27 June, as that's when Big White's resort officially opens for its 2019 summer season. On that day, the switch to the chairlifts will be thrown, carrying nature enthusiasts ( those keen on biking and hiking) to the top of the mountain .
Big White’s Big Summer
While events are still being crafted, Big White's 2019 summer is already taking on a rather exciting shape. Below, in fact, is a sneak preview at some of Big White's featured events.
• On 30 June, Big White hosts the Dunbar Cycles Summer Series - BC Cup. The Event is frequented by top provincial athletes in preparation for competing on the National and International stage.
• On 6 July, we welcome a favourite at Big White, Big White’s Craft and Country, Beer and Music Mountain Festival: now in its fifth year. The Village will be lined with over twenty breweries from all over BC. Stroll through the craft market while sampling the beer and enjoying the live music performance.
• On 7 July, Big White hosts the MEC Kelowna Okanagan Trail Race. Runners may choose between 5km, 12km, 22km, and, for the most masochistically-inclined runners, a 50km.
• On 27 July, Big White holds its annual Ciderfest. Cideries and breweries from all over BC participate in this event, and Big White's guests have always been thrilled to join in the fun.
• On 3 & 4 August, adventurers won’t want to miss Big White’s Geo Hiking Weekend. The event is a great adventure for people of all ages, and the perfect way to explore the mountain terrain. This FREE GPS Scavenger Hunt challenges participants to use their navigation skills to find the location of treasure boxes hidden around the mountain.
• On 10 August, Big White goes Huckleberry crazy for its annual Huckleberry Festival. So many Huckleberries, so much fun! Ahh, but the event is more than that. Stroll through the village for family fun activities and live entertainment on the Big White Village Stage. Craft and farmer vendors will be in attendance, as well. The Kids Fun Zone, too, will be in full swing, with the bouncy castle, ring toss, and giant checkers.
Want to further explore the Okanagan area? Big White also provides the perfect base for wine lovers and for golf enthusiasts looking to explore the region. Many of our summer guests choose to visit nearby Kelowna and take in the world-class vineyards or golf courses: many within a one hour’s drive.
Stay at Crescendo this Summer
Crescendo is open for year-round bookings and we welcome large groups, including families, corporate groups, and wedding parties. Cresecndo's summer outdoor areas, in fact, are pretty incredible. You can check Crescendo’s prices and availability and find out more about staying at Crescendo on our rates page.
Check-out our new pics, our upgrades, and our new art in our Photo Gallery - Stunning! Our 360 online interactive tour of Crescendo may be found there, too. The latter gives website visitors the opportunity to take an interactive walking tour around the accommodation.
OUR NEW STRIKING COLOUR SCHEME ...
As the light changes from morning to dusk, so do the colors of the walls at Crescendo.
At all times, though, Regal.
From dusk to daybreak, the walls appear cobalt blue. During the daylight hours, though, the colors appear to rotate randomly between navy, violet, and aubergine.
AND OUR NEW EYE-CATCHING ART ...
When visiting the Centre Pompidou (Paris), one art piece by Wassily Kandinsky wanted to come home with me. The fact that I'm not in jail is a testament to my restraint. Still, I decided Crescendo's Great Room needed a Kandinsky. Hint: it's not the Grafitti.
Most of Crescendo's art is raw nature, viewed from the walls of windows in virtually every room. Few walls remain, in fact, to hang art. While refinishing all of the furniture in the home this past year, though, we found the perfect place for Gustav Klimt’s, The Kiss. Can you find it?
SHOWCASING CRESCENDO WITH WIDER IMAGERY …
AT NEW HEIGHTS, TOO …
AND IN GREATER DETAIL ...
Look how clear the water is in our Jacuzzi! That’s our non-chlorine/non-salt, virtually chemical-free water treatment system at work.
STAY AT SKI CRESCENDO
Crescendo welcomes guests throughout the year for all occasions and groups, including; family ski or summer trips, weddings, golfing vacations, and corporate retreats.
Were you planning to hit the ski slopes this season but thought you'd missed your chance?
ONE SLOT LEFT for this year's ski season.
... ONE SLOT LEFT to enjoy our luxury accommodation in Big White Ski Resort, BC.
We thought we'd celebrate, too, by posting a FLASH SALE for those 3-nights:
- 19 - 22 April 2019 for $5,250 (tax inclusive)
That weekend happens to be THE LAST weekend of the 2018/2019 ski season at Big White. The closing weekend is ALWAYS festive and packed with over-the-top raw fun and all night long celebrations.
If you can't come and stay with us this winter, but you'd like to find out about booking a summer stay, or planning your ski trip for 2019/2020 ski season, get in touch!
We love sharing Crescendo, and we'd love sharing Crescendo with you.