New Guest Review
Email (April 2019) – Las Vegas, Nevada
As an avid skier, athlete, and nature lover, I have traveled around the world to ski and experience all types of different mountain cultures and terrain. Having been through Europe, the US, and Canada, I can say without hesitation this was one of the best vacation experiences I have ever had.
I normally spend every free and available minute slope side or away from my lodging. However, at Crescendo, I found myself for the first time in my life feeling OK about not rushing out to ski or leave the home! This, in of itself, is incredible for me, as I am not one that likes to stay indoors.
The home has virtually everything you can imagine. A lux theater with hundreds of updated and new movies available at your fingertips, with a state-of-the-art sound system. If you get tired of watching movies or hanging out in the theater, try your hand at ping pong or bumper pool in the game room, complete with poker table and a gaming system.
The house is electronically wired with a home automation system. The owner has meticulously created a system that virtually encompasses every detail you could ever imagine. Countless hours of blood and sweat must have gone into the lighting and security features.
The overall blueprint and layout of this home is wonderful, to say the least. Without a doubt, my favorite detail was the indoor/outdoor hot tub. I found myself marinating for hours every day in this one-of-a-kind design. There is nothing like having the ability to hot tub outdoor in nature and then swim inside and get out in a warm environment. Absolutely genius! Even better is the copper ionization filtration system which lacks chlorine or other harsh chemicals that dry out your hair and skin.
The home is a true ski-in and ski-out: steps from the heart of the center of Big White. The absolute perfect location. The house comes equipped with your own personal ski locker outside and a state-of-the-art drying system for your boots, gloves, hats, or any clothes that have gotten wet.
In some ways, I wish I would have never stayed at Crescendo, as I am certain I will never be this pampered again! I look forward to returning to this modern and elegant heaven on the mountain.
Thanks Crescendo for a life-long memory...
As we take in the last of the snow on Big White Mountain this April, we are seeing the first shoots of spring and starting to look forward to another epic summer season here in the mountains.
We are delighted to welcome guests to our luxury Big White accommodation all year round and we still have some availability for the summer season at Crescendo.
A Luxury Summer Stay
Our accommodation sleeps up to 22 guests, so it’s perfect for family or group bookings and corporate retreats.
Crescendo also hosts summer and year-round weddings at Big White Mountain, offering luxury accommodation, beautiful mountain views, and an intimate, luxury venue for both ceremonies and celebrations.
Big White Village is a hive of activity over the summer months, with hiking, biking, and world-class events
taking place throughout the season. Our last blog post gives a rundown of all of the best events on the mountain this summer. You should check it out!
While staying at Crescendo, many of our guests take the short drive down to nearby Kelowna
- to spend time at the Okanagan Lake (and to try to spot Ogopogo, of course, the local legend's lake monster),
- to visit world-class wineries, or
- to t-up at some of the best golf courses in Canada.
Book Now for Summer in Big White!
If you’d like to find out more about summer at Big White or make a reservation with Crescendo for Summer or Winter 2019, get in touch today.
We offer flexible arrival and departure dates, so check out our availability and contact us today to find out more about Crescendo or make a reservation for your summer stay with us.
At Big White, the last couple of weeks of ski season is always among the most festive. With the close of the ski season, we also celebrate the transition to Big White's summer season. Why? Because summer in Big White rocks!
Mark your calendar for 27 June, as that's when Big White's resort officially opens for its 2019 summer season. On that day, the switch to the chairlifts will be thrown, carrying nature enthusiasts ( those keen on biking and hiking) to the top of the mountain .
Big White’s Big Summer
While events are still being crafted, Big White's 2019 summer is already taking on a rather exciting shape. Below, in fact, is a sneak preview at some of Big White's featured events.
• On 30 June, Big White hosts the Dunbar Cycles Summer Series - BC Cup. The Event is frequented by top provincial athletes in preparation for competing on the National and International stage.
• On 6 July, we welcome a favourite at Big White, Big White’s Craft and Country, Beer and Music Mountain Festival: now in its fifth year. The Village will be lined with over twenty breweries from all over BC. Stroll through the craft market while sampling the beer and enjoying the live music performance.
• On 7 July, Big White hosts the MEC Kelowna Okanagan Trail Race. Runners may choose between 5km, 12km, 22km, and, for the most masochistically-inclined runners, a 50km.
• On 27 July, Big White holds its annual Ciderfest. Cideries and breweries from all over BC participate in this event, and Big White's guests have always been thrilled to join in the fun.
• On 3 & 4 August, adventurers won’t want to miss Big White’s Geo Hiking Weekend. The event is a great adventure for people of all ages, and the perfect way to explore the mountain terrain. This FREE GPS Scavenger Hunt challenges participants to use their navigation skills to find the location of treasure boxes hidden around the mountain.
• On 10 August, Big White goes Huckleberry crazy for its annual Huckleberry Festival. So many Huckleberries, so much fun! Ahh, but the event is more than that. Stroll through the village for family fun activities and live entertainment on the Big White Village Stage. Craft and farmer vendors will be in attendance, as well. The Kids Fun Zone, too, will be in full swing, with the bouncy castle, ring toss, and giant checkers.
Want to further explore the Okanagan area? Big White also provides the perfect base for wine lovers and for golf enthusiasts looking to explore the region. Many of our summer guests choose to visit nearby Kelowna and take in the world-class vineyards or golf courses: many within a one hour’s drive.
Stay at Crescendo this Summer
Crescendo is open for year-round bookings and we welcome large groups, including families, corporate groups, and wedding parties. Cresecndo's summer outdoor areas, in fact, are pretty incredible. You can check Crescendo’s prices and availability and find out more about staying at Crescendo on our rates page.