A Bright Future for Big White as New Developments Announced
Some Exciting News! Big White Ski Resort is set to add another 300 (approximate) acres of terrain. About 175 of those acres will be for ski runs, and about 125 of those acres will be gladed terrain (for off-trail skiing). That's acreage in addition to its 900+ acres of groomed terrain currently available to shred. Two new chair lifts will service that area.
News of this development confirms Big White’s commitment to further improve upon its already well-established reputation as a world-class ski resort. The abundance of champagne powder the resort receives each year, of course, contributes also to that reputation, as does the iconic luxury ski accommodation, Crescendo.
Currently referred to by the planning team as the Black Forest Connector and the Backcountry Chair, the two chairlifts will be located to the east of the Black Forest Express, within Big White’s existing Controlled Recreation Area. Both chairlifts will be easily accessible from the Black Forest Express Chair and from the Cliff Ski-Out.
Plans for the lifts are still waiting for the final sign-off, but Big White's expectation is for the lifts to be whizzing into action in time for the 2019/2020 ski season. Amazing!
A Bright Future for Big White
The announcement of the additional acreage and the new chairlifts follows a string of key developments at Big White Ski Resort in recent years, including:
• Four new summer biking trails and a new slopestyle course
• A brand new Pistenbully Groomer to keep the Big White's slopes in pristine skiing condition
• Extension of the Hummingbird tunnel to reduce skier congestion and to provide greater access for both skiers and pedestrians
• A brand new mountain shuttle bus
• Four new staff accommodation blocks
• The new Black Forest’ Day Lodge, which offers great food, panoramic views, and a place for events, such as the upcoming wedding of Olympic Medalist Kelsey Serwa (2018 Gold Medalist in Pyeongchang; 2014 Silver Medalist in Sochi).
Come Visit Big White
It’s an amazing time to come to Big White and to stay at Ski Crescendo, to experience first-hand our world-class facilities on offer. We are looking forward to welcoming guests, this summer and this winter, sharing the new developments that have been added across the resort.
Crescendo, too, has undergone several upgrades. Look for a sneak preview in our upcoming Annual Newsletter (hint - more ahhhh). To be certain you don't miss out on those upgrades, be sure to sign-up for our Annual Newsletter here.
Crescendo is a freestanding luxury accommodation based at the heart of Big White Village. To find out more or make a reservation contact us today.