At Big White, the last couple of weeks of ski season is always among the most festive. With the close of the ski season, we also celebrate the transition to Big White's summer season. Why? Because summer in Big White rocks!
Mark your calendar for 27 June, as that's when Big White's resort officially opens for its 2019 summer season. On that day, the switch to the chairlifts will be thrown, carrying nature enthusiasts ( those keen on biking and hiking) to the top of the mountain .
Big White’s Big Summer
While events are still being crafted, Big White's 2019 summer is already taking on a rather exciting shape. Below, in fact, is a sneak preview at some of Big White's featured events.
• On 30 June, Big White hosts the Dunbar Cycles Summer Series - BC Cup. The Event is frequented by top provincial athletes in preparation for competing on the National and International stage.
• On 6 July, we welcome a favourite at Big White, Big White’s Craft and Country, Beer and Music Mountain Festival: now in its fifth year. The Village will be lined with over twenty breweries from all over BC. Stroll through the craft market while sampling the beer and enjoying the live music performance.
• On 7 July, Big White hosts the MEC Kelowna Okanagan Trail Race. Runners may choose between 5km, 12km, 22km, and, for the most masochistically-inclined runners, a 50km.
• On 27 July, Big White holds its annual Ciderfest. Cideries and breweries from all over BC participate in this event, and Big White's guests have always been thrilled to join in the fun.
• On 3 & 4 August, adventurers won’t want to miss Big White’s Geo Hiking Weekend. The event is a great adventure for people of all ages, and the perfect way to explore the mountain terrain. This FREE GPS Scavenger Hunt challenges participants to use their navigation skills to find the location of treasure boxes hidden around the mountain.
• On 10 August, Big White goes Huckleberry crazy for its annual Huckleberry Festival. So many Huckleberries, so much fun! Ahh, but the event is more than that. Stroll through the village for family fun activities and live entertainment on the Big White Village Stage. Craft and farmer vendors will be in attendance, as well. The Kids Fun Zone, too, will be in full swing, with the bouncy castle, ring toss, and giant checkers.
Want to further explore the Okanagan area? Big White also provides the perfect base for wine lovers and for golf enthusiasts looking to explore the region. Many of our summer guests choose to visit nearby Kelowna and take in the world-class vineyards or golf courses: many within a one hour’s drive.
Stay at Crescendo this Summer
Crescendo is open for year-round bookings and we welcome large groups, including families, corporate groups, and wedding parties. Cresecndo's summer outdoor areas, in fact, are pretty incredible. You can check Crescendo’s prices and availability and find out more about staying at Crescendo on our rates page.
Summer Arrives at Big White!
No more, “Oh no, no snow!” Why? Because Big White Mountain Resort has opened its doors for another great summer season!
Here at Crescendo, we’re already welcoming guests for another brilliant summer season. A lot is new at Big White this season, and we’d like to highlight some of those for you:
Extended Opening for 2018
Big White is now open from Thursday to Monday over the summer season. Opening day is 28th June and the resort is open for each of those five days through early September. During that time, the Bullet Chair will whisk our guests to the top of the mountain from 10am-5pm, providing plenty of time to explore the beautiful trails on foot or by bike.
Big White Bike Park
Big White Bike Park is home to one of North America’s newest bike parks, and WHAT A PARK IT IS! The trails were built by riders themselves, including those riders who annually push the envelope combining speed, tricks, and flight (yes, flight). The result? Spectacular! World-class riding at its finest.
Not a professional biker? No worries. The resort also features a pump track for newbies and beginners to get their feet wet (OK, dirty), and there are plenty of downhill trails for bikers of every level. For that reason, too, Big White Bike Park has extended its hours on Friday nights, remaining open for biking enjoyment to 7.30pm.
New Kids Zone
Big White has a great reputation for being a family friendly resort, and this summer they have gone that extra mile with a brand new Kid’s Zone, open all summer, Thursday to Monday, from 11am-2pm. Set to be the perfect backyard games experience, kids will be entertained in the Kid’s Zone with various activities. Arts & Craft projects, for example, will include rock painting, lantern making and pet bug making.
Every Friday night, too, the resort will project the latest movie releases onto their giant outdoor movie screen. So grab some popcorn and catch a movie in one of the most beautiful settings on earth!
Throughout the summer, Big White is hosting a variety of great events and festivals, including the tasty annual Huckleberry Festival and L’Alpe de Grande Blanc cycle race.
Really, there’s so much to do at Big White during the summer! Check-out the Big White events page for further information or watch Big White’s opening weekend video to catch up on all of this year’s big news:
Luxury Accommodation Big White
It's Big. It's Fast. It's the Right Amount of Scary.
Big White’s Slopestyle Invitational – Gold Medal Recap
Photo Report by Clint Trahan
Man, how high can these guys go?
Apparently, high enough to touch the sun.
Hitting the freshest Slopestyle course in Canada, riders were unanimous in their review, says Photo Journalist, Clint Trahan. “It's big. It's fast. It's sendy. It's the right amount of scary.” With 7 trickable features, and with it being built so that riders can soar, these guys truly fly. See the entire Photo Review here.